Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

ALA Annual Conference 2011

Hey guys! I am leaving for the American Library Association annual conference in New Orleans tomorrow morning. I live less than an hour away from New Orleans and am so grateful that I will have the opportunity to attend. I am also absolutely ecstatic about having the chance to meet some of my favorite authors, publishers, and other book lovers! 






I am hoping to meet these authors on Saturday & Sunday at the convention center:
 
Jeff Kinney – Diary of a Wimpy Kid
Ruta Sepetys – Between Shades of Gray
Frannie Billingsley – Chime
Cassandra Clare – The Clockwork Prince
Ellen Hopkins – Perfect
Mette Ivie Harrison – Tris and Izzie
Jay Asher – 13 Reasons Why
Carolyn Mackler – The Future of Us
Maureen J. Johnson – Name of the Star
John Green & David Levithan – Will Grayson, Will Grayson
Sara Zarr – How to Save A Life
Jenny Han – We’ll Always Have Summer
Sarah Dessen – What Happened to Goodbye

Please excuse me while I run around screaming like a little fangirl. Anyway, I will be back on Monday with a gushing report of the conference, as well as the winner of the Mid-Summer Giveaway Hop

I hope you all have a great weekend!

 
 

2 comments:

  1. oh this looks like such an awesome event (!)

    my kids LOVE wimpy kids book so hard & and am a huge fan of sara zarr :)

    and i LOVE your blog design. very vibrant and funky

    (also re: joining in the best reads of 2011 (so far ;) you can post it any time :) looking forward to seeing your picks :)

    x Nomes

    ReplyDelete
  2. The WImpy Kid series definitely is amazing! I read it with one of my clients in clinic last semester, and I ended up liking it as much as she did, but what I really LOVED was that it changed her attitude towards reading!

    I actually met Sara Zarr today at ALA. She was so very sweet. I got the ARC of her new book, so I'll be reviewing it at some point.

    I hope to have my Faves of 2011 list up by tomorrow or Tuesday...after I finish my dreadful graduate class!

    P.S. Thank you for the compliment on my blog design. My boyfriend was actually surprised that I chose something so girly!

    ~ Steph

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Adori Graphics using digital elements by Adorible Digital Designs