Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Once Upon a Readathon - Day 1 Update


Once Upon a Read-a-Thon

Hey guys! Day one of the readathon is coming to a close, and while I did not get a TON of reading done, I'm still pleased with what I did accomplish...considering I worked for 9 hours today. I'll be off of work tomorrow and reading like crazy. 

Books Read:  (1) Invincible Summer by Hannah Moscowitz (WAY more depressing than I expected it to be)

Pages Read: 320

Currently Reading: Bras and Broomsticks by Sarah Mlynowski ( It's adorable so far! I needed a lighter read after the first one.)

Mini Challenge 1 - Hosted by IB Book Blogging

Her challenge is on....mythology!

Mini Challenge Question 1:
What is your favorite type of myth (Greek, Roman, Egyptian etc)?
I suppose I'll go with Greek, as that is the only mythology I've really studied. I remember doing a big presentation on Aphrodite, goddess of love , when I was in the 9th grade.

Mini Challenge Question 2:

What is your favorite book with some type of mythology in it?

The only books with mythology that I've read so far are the Percy Jackson books. I'm looking forward to reading Die for Me and Wildfire. I also have The Goddess Test sitting on my bookshelf, just waiting to be read :)

That's it for today. I'm going to get a good night of rest and start reading around 9 in the morning. Goodnight. I hope all of you are accomplishing your readathon goals. Goodnight :)

2 comments:

  1. Invincible Summer is depressing? Okay, guess I'm not reading that next (I just finished 13 Reasons Why.) I knew it was "deep". That's good to know, I guess. Not that I'm regreting buying it or anything. Hope you enjoy the readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I knew it would be deep, but it was even grittier than I first thought. I loved the main character's younger siblings, but there were some very...unusual sibling relationships in this book.

    They also quote paragraph after paragraph from Camus.

    I still think you should read it. The book is definitely unique, and Hannah Moscowitz's prose is amazing.

    I LOVED Thirteen Reasons Why. I was so so happy when I heard Jay Asher was publishing another book.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Adori Graphics using digital elements by Adorible Digital Designs